If anyone understands the importance of time management, it’s Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Somewhere on his chock-full to-do list—which includes winning his sixth Super Bowl, expanding his athletic lifestyle guide, known as the TB12 Method, and spending time with his three children, three dogs, and supermodel wife—Brady managed to fit in releasing a custom-designed watch.
When the four-time Super Bowl MVP realized he couldn’t rely on just any watch to monitor his time, he decided to make his own. Enter: the Tom Brady Special Edition Heuer 01 Chronograph, created in collaboration with Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer. The timepiece was inspired by the Heuer 01 Chronograph in 43mm (which is based on a 2013 Carrera 01 in 45mm design.) While Brady has been a brand ambassador with the LVMH-owned manufacturer since 2015, the release of the special edition marks his first time co-designing his own. Below, ten exclusive features that make it a standout:
1. The watch’s straps—made of calfskin and rubber with a steel folding clasp—and dial are the exact shade of the Patriots’ nautical blue.
2. The piece’s red accents, such as the second hand and stitching, represent another one of the New England team’s colors.
3. As an ode to the quarterback’s lifelong jersey number, the 12 on the face is highlighted in red.
4. Only available in steel, the watch’s brushed case pays homage to the new century silver on the Patriots’ jerseys.
5. Each caseback is stamped with Brady’s signature.
6. Brady unveiled his watch at Boston’s Scampo restaurant within the Liberty Hotel, where—after throwing for 378 yards and five touchdowns, and ultimately defeating the Texans in the game’s last 30 seconds—he politely asked “Do you mind if I stay seated? I’m pretty tired.” (Electrolyte water in hand, obviously.)
7. The first five customers to purchase the watch were treated to a trip to Boston to attend the New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans game, and meet the MVP in person.
8. Only 466 pieces were produced, representing the 466 yards overall that Brady finished in the Patriots’ historic Super Bowl LI win.
9. Each piece is numbered within the edition, which is also stamped on the caseback.
10. Brady himself has #12.
The limited edition timepiece is available on tagheuer.com for $5,600.