Art Basel Party Countdown: 10 Parties on Thursday
Daphne Guinness at the Soho House. Courtesy of Getty Image for Soho House.
Last night we were at the Montblanc party talking to actress Eva Green, who had just arrived in Miami two hours before. "I was working all day today so haven't seen the fair yet, but I'm going first thing tomorrow," she said. That was a common phrase at parties in the Design District and beyond, where these were the coveted invites of the day.
10. Former hedge fund manager Julie Macklowe launched her new Vbeaute skincare It Kit at the Webster boutique with Webster owner Laure Heriard Dubreuil.
9. As If magazine unveiled its premiere issue at a cocktail reception at the Fendi Casa Luxury Living Showroom, hosted by photographer Patrick McMullan.
8. The NADA art fair had its opening party at the Shore Club.
7. OHWOW opened its annual group exhibition—this year called It Ain’t Fair—with a reception in the Design District.
6. Todd Selby and Erin Wasson celebrated Art Basel with their Alchemist Garage Party.
5. Okar Metsavaht Ipanema’s photo exhibition opened at the Osklen flagship store at 1111 Lincoln Road, hosted by Sue Hostetler, Carlos de Souza, Vik Muniz and Addison O’Dea.
4. Real estate developer Aby Rosen held his annual opening day dinner at The Dutch, Andrew Carmellini’s new South Beach offshoot.
3. Following its launch party the night before, the Shelborne Hotel’s beachside taco and tequila bar, Lucy’s Cantina Royale, screened Limelight, a documentary about New York’s legendary nightclub and its owner, Peter Gatien.
2. Phillips de Pury & Company invited guests to Rock the House with dinner and dancing at Cecconi’s at Soho Beach House.
1. CAN’T MISS: At the Standard Spa, Interview and the Andy Warhol Museum hosted a sneak peek of Warhol’s never-before-seen film San Diego Surf, shot May 1968 in La Jolla, California.