Art Basel Party Countdown: 10 Events on Tuesday
The Ferrari party. Courtesy of Ferrari.
The 10th annual Miami Beach Art Basel doesn’t officially start until Thursday, but by Tuesday, VIPs already had a packed schedule. Here’s what everyone was talking about last night.
10. Fendi unveiled its Design Performance project at Design Miami by designer Elisa Strozyk and artist Sebastian Neeb, inspired by Fendi headquarters Palazzo Fendi in Rome.
9. Cartier debuted its pearl-and-precious-stone-mobile, created by artist Beatriz Milhazes at the Collins Building, in the Design District.
8. Wynwood Walls Pop-Up shop and gallery–the world’s largest collection of international street art–opened on 2nd Avenue between Joey’s Italian Café on 25th Street and Wynwood Kitchen & Bar on 26th Street. It’s hosted by Goldman Properties.
7. MAD initaly and Vhernier hosted a Design District dinner.
6. Paul Kasmin Gallery put on an exclusive dinner at The Standard Hotel.
5. Nadia Swarovski held a dinner at Cecconi’s at the Soho Beach House for the artist Erwin Redl, whose Installation Crystal Matrix II debuted at the Swarovski Crystal Palace.
4. White Cube Gallery’s Art Basel Miami had a celebration at the Soho Beach House, hosted by Soho House founder Nick Jones and art dealer Jay Jopling.
3. Gilt organized a dinner at the Soho Beach House, hosted by founder Alexandra Wilkis Wilson.
2. Andre Saraiva kicked off his pop-up nightclubs Le Baron (at the Delano) and Paris Paris (at the Shelborne).
1. CAN’T MISS: Ferrari held a private party in the garage at 1111 Lincoln Road, hosted by collector Peter M. Brant and Sotheby’s Tobias Meyer. Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo unveiled the new Ferrari 458 Spider while artist Marco Brambilla’s 3D video installation RPM played in the background.