Resort 2013 Report: Ferragamo in Paris
Photo by Amanda Ross
Luxury is a Ferragamo fashion show under an arcade outside the Louvre. I came to Paris to see Ferragamo’s Resort 2013 show, which was inspired by the limestone of the Louvre; the sand and wind of Big Sur; Native Americans; and the family archives. The brand’s ever-dashing, ever-talented creative director Massimiliano Giornetti captured the modern woman and every aspect of how she wants to rock ’n’ roll through life. There was a lot of ’70s chic: leather, suede and just plain great accessories, like hobo bags, chain bags and stretch-suede boots in every shade of pale. (Butterfly pendants and chain-link bracelets also made appearances.) It was elegant, sexy and absolutely beautiful. The resort collection will stay in the store from November until June—plenty of time to not miss a thing.
My favorite spots in Paris:
- Ritz Paris 15 Pl. Vendôme; 33-01/43-16-30-30; ritzparis.com.
- Cafe Ferdi 32 Rue de Mont Thabor; 33-01/42-60-82-52.
- Caviar Kaspia 17 Pl. Madeleine; 33-01/42-65-33-32; caviarkaspia.com.
- Deyrolle 46 Rue du Bac; 33-01/42-22-30-07.
- Colette 213 Rue Saint-Honoré; 33-01/55-35-33-90; colette.fr.
- Alaïa 7 Rue de Moussy; 33-01/40-27-85-58.
- Papier Plus 9 Rue Pont Louis Philippe; 33-01/42-77-70-49.
- Centre Pompidou: To see works by Gerhard Richter (through September 24) and Matisse (through June 18). Pl. George Pompidou; 33-01/44-78-12-33; centrepompidou.fr.
- Pinacothèque de Paris: A little museum that always focuses on a different civilization. 28 Pl. de la Madeleine; pinacotheque.com.
- Louvre: To see Da Vinci’s Virgin and Child with Saint Anne. Musée du Louvre; louvre.fr.