Art Basel Miami Beach: Friday’s Top Ten
Photo by Carly Otness/BFAnyc.com
Our picks for Friday night’s top places to see and be seen at Art Basel Miami Beach:
10. The Glass House Café at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden had a breakfast celebrating its exhibitions: “Chamberlain at Fairchild,” “Design at Fairchild: Sitting Naturally” and “Garden Lights.”
9. Marcelo Krasilcic’s book 1990s debuted at Lords South Beach Hotel with music by Kai Kuhne and Renata Abbade.
8. Freehand Miami Hostel hosted a “Bow-B-Q” with Bow and GrandLife Hotels.
7. New York’s Neue Galerie exhibition “Postcards of the Wiener Werkstätte: Selections from the Leonard A. Lauder Collection” was fêted at Wolfsonian-Florida International University, hosted by director Cathy Leff.
6. Architectural Digest celebrated the AD100 list and designer Mark Cunningham at the Oasis lounge at the Raleigh Hotel.
5. Photographer Matthew Rolston launched his book Talking Heads: The Vent Haven Portraits at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, sponsored by Hendrick’s Gin, with four five-by-five prints from the book on display.
4. The Morrison Hotel Gallery at Dream South Beach hosted a second night of cocktails at the Electric Room pop-up. On exhibit: Jack White, White Stripes Canada Tour, 2007 by Autumn de Wilde; Keith Richards and Ron Wood, Los Angeles, CA, 1979 by Henry Diltz; Bruce Springsteen, Darkness, 1978 by Frank Stefanko; Debbie (Harry. Shades by Chris Stein; Black Keys, 2009 by Danny Clinch; and Jim Morrison, NYC, 1967 by Joel Brodsky.
3. Artist Bill Viola and director of MoCA, North Miami Bonnie Clearwater were in conversation for Art Basel Miami Beach’s Art Salon series.
2. Paddle8, the online auction house, had a party for its exhibition of GIFs called “Moving the Still,” in Wynwood (pictured here).
1. Folks raised money for Sandy victims during a MoMA PS1 benefit at the Delano Beach Club on Friday, with a DJ set that included Dave 1 of Chromeo and Arthur Baker.