Kiehl’s Mens Spa in NYC
Kiehl’s new spa location just for guys.
10 Reasons We Love the New Kiehl’s Spa 1851 (for men)…and why they should open one in every city.
- Day-spa vibe for those on the go who just want to pop in for a results-oriented facial or massage, without getting caught up in zen music or bubbling feng shui fountains.
- Downstairs, the full line of products; toward the back, a private entrance— very rock star!
- The cool, downtown feel of the flagship store is captured in the LaChapelle mural in one of the treatment rooms, with rock music playing in the common areas.
- Without being stuffy or pretentious, the spa feels both neighborhood-y and exclusive.
- Very masculine, it’s the perfect spa environment for the man’s man who happens to be an avid lover of Kiehl’s products.
- All treatments begin with the incredibly aromatic Midnight Recovery Concentrate, a very soothing and therapeutic start.
- Every treatment uses existing Kiehl’s products, which have the strength and effectiveness of spa-specific products.
- The master barber performs old-school shaves using a straight razor and oil-infused hot towels in a custom-leather barber’s chair, which is as relaxing as the scalp massage and refreshing post-shave moisturizing treatment.
- The microdermabrasion treatment I had was noninvasive but felt more medical than restorative, as though it was reaching deep below the layers rather than just the surface.
- Before leaving, I received a “prescription,” recommending the products I should use to combat my skin problems, such as aging, dehydration and fatigue.
Spa 1851, which opened last July, is at 157 East 64th St. in New York. Facials start at $125. To book, go to kiehls.com.