Art Basel Party Countdown: 10 Events on Wednesday
The Art.sy staff at their New York headquarters. Courtesy Sophie Elgort.
While the VIPs had arrived at Miami Beach by Tuesday, the masses started to trickle in on Wednesday, which promised to be a busy day. These events were all the buzz.
10. Blum & Poe Gallery hosted a dinner party at Soho Beach House.
9. Lord Norman Foster talked about Modern Utopia in Design Miami’s Design Talks with W editor-in-Chief Stefano Tonchi.
8. BLK DNM launched Perfume 11 at the Webster boutique at a cocktail party hosted by Webster owner Laure Heriard-Dubreuil and Johan Lindeberg.
7. Cartier hosted a dinner for Brazilian artist Beatriz Milhazes in the Design District.
6. Jeffrey Deitch and the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art partied around the Raleigh Hotel pool.
5. Zwirner Gallery hosted a cocktail party at Cecconi’s at Soho Beach House.
4. The Shelborne Hotel celebrated its grand opening with nightlife photographer Seth Browarnik’s Art of Night, hosted by Bing.
3. Grey Area opened its pop-up gallery at The Bass Museum of Art at a reception hosted by Grey Area co-founder Kyle de Woody and Artlog co-founder Manish Vora.
2. The Art Basel Miami Beach Vernissage reception was the time to see all major collectors and dealers before many flew home Thursday morning.
1. CAN’T MISS: Louis Vuitton sponsored a beachside barbecue for Carter Cleveland’s art startup, Art.sy, hosted by Cleveland, Wendi Murdoch and Dasha Zhukova.