Cultural Highlights: Summer 2011
Summer blockbusters, music, dance, art and the return of Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- Comedian Lewis Black brings his play, One Slight Hitch, to the Williamstown Theatre Festival. July 6–17
- Though James Levine is out, Yo-Yo Ma, John Williams and Joshua Bell are in at the Tanglewood Music Festival. July 8
- The streets of Baltimore are taken over by roving gangs of artists during the 30th annual Artscape event. July 15–17
- Captain America goes head-to-head with the final Harry Potter. It’s the Revolutionary War all over again! July 22
- The English tradition of glamour camping (glamping) comes to the Hamptons with the Escape to New York music festival. August 5–7
- Trisha Brown Dance Company, still performing after 40 years, presents new work at Jacob’s Pillow. August 10
- The Mariinsky Ballet, Royal Shakespeare Company and Cleveland Orchestra come to the Lincoln Center Festival. July 5–August 14
- It’s state fair season. There are more than 25 in July and August. Get thee to the Ferris wheel.